Friday, June 10, 2016

FIW 18mm

18mm FIW for Two Fat Lardies

Recently I ran across the new Sharp Practice v2 edition from Two Fat Lardies prior to its release.  I had never been a big fan of the demos I'd seen of version 1.  Perhaps it was in the presentation of version 2 or I have just evolved as a wargamer, but I became quite interested in version 2.  After purchasing a copy of the rules and the poker chips I set about repainting my 18mm FIW figures.

My original painting of these figures was done five or more years ago.  As my painting has evolved and I brought these figures back out for an examination I really disliked the way they looked.  Being in the middle of a French Revolution painting project I didn't want to spend a ton of time repainting all of the figures, and decided to do some touch up instead.  This process actually absorbed a couple of weeks of time (since I paint when I can fit it in).  I found that I would say "I don't need to bother repainting that group" and then change my mind and touch up another group.  It became a situation where I had touched up all the 18mm FIW figures to some degree.  I also had to purchase some round bases to go with this figures so I could base them for this rule system.

Below are my "completed" FIW figures.  Some of these figures I did a better job touching up than some of the others, but on the whole I am content with them.  

Frontier Skirmishers or Militia

Birdseye view of the fight

French Indian Allies

Indian Allies (either side)

Frontier Skirmishers or Militia

I painted these all in the same "uniform" to give me
flexibility when using them as either militia
or some type of provincial French unit
All of these figures are Blue Moon 18mm Frontier Militia or Woodland Tribes

No comments:

Post a Comment