Friday, July 24, 2020

FIW British Grenadiers, 1756

These Grenadier companies finishes out my FIW project, and they are led by a British officer.  These have being painted as 94th Regiment of Foot (Royal Welsh Volunteers).  Although they were raised for garrison duty my ancestry is partly Welsh, and in my wargame world we need Welsh troops to help protect His Majesty's interest in North America.


History of the unit, compliments of https://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=94th_Foot

The regiment was raised in Wales on January 12 1760 by Colonel Vaughan. The regiment was also known as the "Royal Welsh Volunteers".  (It saw only one recorded action, which prompts my removal of the grenadier companies for other service in my wargame world). During the Seven Years' War, the regiment was under the command of:
  • from January 1760: Colonel Vaughan
  • from 1760 to 1763: Dundas
The regiment was disbanded in 1763.

No comments:

Post a Comment