Monday, July 11, 2016

Sharp Practice 2 Game Cards

This Sunday we plan to run our first SP2 game.  As this is all new to all of us with the amount of detail that can be forgotten I used PPT to make some unit cards and include information which I feel would be necessary to remember during the game.  The idea for the cards I obtained from a post on jjwargames.blogspot.com.  JJ uses cards for another game but the idea intrigued me enough 
to do something similar. I printed them on basic card stock and glued the cards together.  I 
selected in PPT the three slides per sheet.  I found that these printed cards that are about the 
size of a business card.

The scenario at this point will be a rescue mission (right out of the SP book)

AWI: Southern Colonies, 1779.

British force led by Colonel Pippin have rounded up male civilians suspected of aiding the rebel cause in the neighborhood.  In the course of their mission they have arrested the Rev. John the Priest and are holding him prisoner until he can be sent back to Charleston for interrogation.

Although unassuming, the Rev. John the Priest is a staunch colonial patriot who runs the southern spy network for the patriot cause.  His capture and eventual “interrogation” will be a terrible loss to the patriot cause.  His rescue is of vital importance.

To effect this rescue, Major Christopher Pollardston of the South Carolina Line has been dispatched to try and effect a rescue.


I used the SP character development piece to create the personalities, etc.  The images I found on Google Images.  The image below is the reverse of the Officer Cards.



Troops involved:

Patriot Force: 34 State Line Troops, 13 Frontiersmen and 3 general officers

Status III leader: Major Christopher Pollardston
Two groups of 9 State Line Troops (includes status I srg)
Status I Leader: Sergeant  O’Brien
Status II leader: Captain Peter O’tool
Two groups of 9 State Line Troops (includes status I srg)
Status I Leader: Sergeant Davis
Status II leader: Arthur Francis
Two groups of 6 Frontiersmen Skirmishers (including status 1 srg)
Status I leader: Sergeant Lyon

British Force: 17 Regular Line, 17 Light Infantry, 6 Loyalist Skirmishers and 3 general officers

Status III leader: Colonel Augustus Pippin
Two groups of 9 Regulars (includes status I srg)
Status I Leader: Sergeant Masterson
Status II leader: Captain Bartholomew Cornwell
Two groups of 9 light infantry (includes status I srg)
Status I Leader: Sergeant Williams
Status II leader: Lieutenant Terrance Bridgewater

One group 6 Loyalist Ranger Skirmishers

These unit cards contain the critical items that players need to know about their units.
As with the leader images these come right off of Google Images.


The reverse side of the Unit Cards

As the GM I will have the book handy as I run my first SP2 game but for a quick reference sheet I added these for myself.
Front side GM sheet

Reverse side GM Sheet



No comments:

Post a Comment